2010-11-03

Actions beget consequences..

   So, here’s the story..


   Not this past weekend but the weekend before my roommate was out of town. So, I felt able to clean the way I was taught to clean. This included being able to do dishes without her trying to mother me. A few days later I made myself some breakfast, my usual of scrambled eggs with turkey and cheese cooked in it. Well, right after I got done eating I had to run to class so I couldn’t wash the dishes and I was so busy with school work the rest of the week that I was unable to do the dishes. Thus, yesterday, I had planned on finishing my latest project and getting them done immediately after.


   I hadn’t been in my room but maybe 30 minutes to an hour, working on my project, and my roommates mom banged on my door like all hell. It was hard enough that she could have put a hole in it. So, I proceeded to turn on my music and finish my project. Before I could get my headphones on I heard her mom, originally thinking it was the roommate, saying “That’s a nasty, trifflin’ ***** thing to do.” As a normal person I took it as she was calling me a trifling bitch. She continued to talk loud enough for me to hear her but not loud enough for me to hear exactly what she was saying. (First issue here, don’t use a term out of context like that. More so, don’t call me something that you don’t know the meaning to.)


   I waited for my roommate and her mom to stop talking ****. And, when they did I left the room long enough to get myself a drink from the vending machine downstairs and call a friend. After I got my drink I came back to the room, and still on the phone with a friend, and her mom was standing at my door waiting for me to get back. Not but two seconds after I turned the corner and went to put my keys in the door to my room her mom starts yelling at me. And, mind you, my parents RARELY yell at me like that. I tried a couple of times to get her to be quiet so I could explain why I hadn’t gotten the dishes done right away. But, she continued to yell at me. She yelled at me as if I was her daughter and wouldn’t stop. So, I finally told her to shut up and hear me out. I proceed and got half way through my second sentence when she started yelling. But, this time she moved closer to me.


   So, because of that move I blew her off and went to the roommate and apologized. I should have told her I was sorry that she has the mom she has. After I said what I had to say to my roommate at that moment I walked to my bedroom door, unlocked it, and went in. Once her mom left I got on the phone with my mom to discuss what happened and to see what she had to say about it. Not thinking that my dad was around I continued talking to her. Next thing I know I hear my dad’s voice in the background and I knew that Hell was about to freeze over and the Devil would become his *****. Lol. That’s my dad for you though. :)


   He started asking what was going on and my mom told him. My mom didn’t even finish speaking when my dad started yelling and saying that I either took care of the problem by talking to my R.A. or he would do something about it. So, while he was talking, yelling really, I started walking to my R.A.’s room to talk to her. I talked to my R.A. and let her know the situation. So far, I haven’t heard anything and I don’t know if she went to the admin. of my dorm or not.


   But, she did say that there is the chance that her mom won’t be allowed within 15 feet of me or the dorm, my roommate will be forced to move to another room/dorm, or we will have to do a new roommate agreement. However, my parents refuse to accept anything less than the roommate being moved somewhere else. And at this point that’s all I will accept as well.


   Something else that makes me mad is the fact that my roommate hasn’t even attempted to say sorry about the way her mother acted. Where I live it’s a rule that we, as residents, are responsible for our guests and their actions. The roommate has YET to take responsibility for her mother’s actions.


   I wouldn’t be writing about this but my roommate has a tendency to not follow the rules and to not be considerate of me. Examples include: 1) She throws her bloody tampons in the toilet and doesn’t flush. Nasty much? I think so. 2) She brings her friends over, often after midnight. This wouldn’t be a problem if they didn’t sound like a full zoo in such a small room. They are always singing, at least trying to anyways, laughing, yelling, etc. at the top of their lungs. I already suffer from insomnia so when I actually fall asleep early I want to sleep ALL night long. Duh’. But, I get woken up by her and her friends but I can’t be loud at all or she’ll say something. 3) She leaves EVERY light on in the room (kitchen, living room, both hallway lights, study room, and her room) all the time. 4) She will turn on her T.V. in the living room, putting the volume up anywhere between 30 and 50, and go back to her room and close her door and get on the phone or skype someone. The T.V. is on the wall that my bed is on so I hear it loud and clear. Again, not cool. I’ll go out and turn down the volume and she’ll go behind me and turn it back up then go back to her room. So, I’ll go turn off the T.V. and she’ll go back and turn it on and retreat back to her room, AGAIN.


   Now, tell me who deserves to be yelled at as if they were 4? Who’s considerate and who’s not? I’m sorry that me graduating is more important to me than your daughter is. Wait, no I’m not sorry. I could care less about your daughter, or you for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment